FAQ – Frequently Asked Questions
1) When was iPhantom Released?
iPhantom was officially released on April 13th, 2015 at NAB in Las Vegas
2) What do I need to make it work?
You need an iOS device with IOS 7 or later, a Phantom camera by Vision Research, a Phantom network cable for you camera, a Wi-Fi router/access point
3) What iOS devices are supported?
iPhantom has been tested on iPhone 4 and newer, iPod Touch 5, and iPad 2 and newer.
4) What iOS Version does it work on?
iOS 7 and newer
4) What Phantom cameras does this work on?
All Phantom Cameras are supported. It’s been heavily tested, and is used by many clients on Flex 4K, Flex 2K, and Miro M cameras. It’s verified to work on v2511, v642, v10.
5) What is the range?
Range depends on many factors: The router used; location conditions including interfere caused by other Wi-Fi networks in the area or RF devices; Line of sight. Our standard configuration uses a very compact internal antenna based router, and in typical conditions has a range of about 40ft.
6) Can I get longer range?
Yes. We are planning a test of several external antenna based solutions and will report back with an update soon.
7) What router do you recommend?
Currently we use the TP-LINK TL-WR702N and TP-LINK TL-MR3040 (with internal battery) because of their compact size and wide availability. See the iPhantom Accessory page for pre-configured plug and play router kits based on these routers.
7) What are the Recommend Router Settings?
The recommend router setup
1) Router IP Address:100.100.100.254
2) Enable DHCP
2b) DHCP Range 100.100.100.100 to 100.100.100.199
3) Secure your Wifi Network with a password
8) I’m getting the error “Your Purchase Could Not Be Completed” while attempting to purchase iPhantom
See this page for the solution: