iPhantom Wired Ethernet Connection
You can use iPhantom via a Wired Ethernet Connection for a longer range or more robust connection
To do so you will need (See Part 2 for VEO4K)
A) iOS Device with iPhatom 2.0+
B) iOS Device must be on iOS 10.x+
C) Apple Lightning to USB 3 Camera Adapter
D) a Lightning charging cable
E) Apple USB to Ethernet Adapter
1) Connect the “lightning to usb3 camera adatper” to your iOS device
2) Connect both the usb-ethernet adapter and a lightning charger to the lightning to usb3 camera adatper
3) Disable WIFI
4) Set a static IP in the iOS Network settings of the USB Ethernet Adapter to manual, ip address:100.100.100.101 and subnet 255.255.0.0
4) Connect the Phantom Camera and iOS device together via an ethernet cable
5) Use “Detect IP” or “Connect” in iPhantom to connect as you would if you were connect via wifi
Enjoy a rock solid wired ethenet connection!
Part II VEO4K
VEO4K needs a gigabit ethernet adapter or faster to connect. Currently Apple does not sell one, and the above mention Apple adapter will not work. At this point we have not been able to internally test but have heard of people having success with a few of the available USB3 to Gigabit Adapters.
This SIIG adapter has been reported to work.