iPhantom Wired Ethernet Connection
You can use iPhantom via a Wired Ethernet Connection for a longer range or more robust connection
To do so you will need (See Part 2 for VEO4K)
A) iOS Device with iPhatom 2.0+
B) iOS Device must be on iOS 10.x+
C) Apple Lightning to USB 3 Camera Adapter
D) a Lightning charging cable
E) Apple USB to Ethernet Adapter (FOR VEO4K this adapter is not compatible. See the Gigabit USB 3.0 USB Adapters listed below in “PART II VEO4K” )
1) Connect the “lightning to usb3 camera adatper” to your iOS device
2) Connect both the usb-ethernet adapter and a lightning charger to the lightning to usb3 camera adatper
3) Disable WIFI, make sure is is “OFF” not just “Disconnected”
4) Set a static IP in the iOS Network settings of the USB Ethernet Adapter to Manual:
iOS 8 to iOS 10:
leave router blank
4b) If you cant save with the router blank. Set the adapter to automatic. Save and then come back into the settings and select Manual. back to step 4.
4) Connect the Phantom Camera and iOS device together via an ethernet cable
5) (iOS 8 to iOS 10) Use “Detect IP” or “Connect” in iPhantom to connect as you would if you were connect via wifi
5b) (iOS 11 & 12) Detect IP does not work in iOS 11 and some iOS 12. See step 6
5c) Detect IP should work in iOS 13 and iOS 14, however if you run into issue with “Detect IP” see step 6
6) If “Detect IP” is not supported by your iOS version. Setup the IP Address of your Phantom Manually in iPhantom.
6b) under Menu->Camera->Camera IP. Now you can use the connect button there or on the record page.
Enjoy a rock solid wired ethernet connection!
Part II VEO4K
VEO4K needs a gigabit ethernet adapter or faster to connect. Currently Apple does not sell one, and the above mention Apple adapter will not work.
These Gigabit Adapters are known to work.
This SIIG USB 3.0 Gigabit Adapter
This Anker USB 3.0 Gigabit Adapter